Do Digital marketing, whoever you are either you are an individual who is looking for a great career or a business body who is looking for tremendous growth in their business. You are just away a small distance from your goal to be successful. And if you want to reach your goal, you just have to know what is digital marketing and other espect of digital marketing. Now, some of you are thinking why am I glorifying digital marketing. So here is the data.
Today internet is reached almost 60% of the total population of the world. I hope you won’t be surprise if I told you the number of people who go online everyday is still increasing. In fact, data shows Between 2000 and 2016, the number of Internet users increased from 413 million to over 3.4 billion.
And although marketing expert say it a lot & we also know that the way people shop and buy really has changed along with it — meaning offline marketing isn’t as effective as it used to be.
In this blog, You’ll be going to know what is Digital marketing? As I above mentioned that with the access of internet, almost every consumer’s buying behaviour has changed. So, at the end of this blog, you knew how digital marketing changed consumer’s buying pattern and how it helps businesses to grow exponentially.
1) What is Digital Marketing?
In these days, because the excess of information people are getting confuse. If you just look at the word “Digital Marketing ” you will get a clear idea about digital marketing.
Digital:- Anything is in the electronic form is digital. From your phone’s screen to apps in your mobile (like facebook, Instagram, snapchat, YouTube etc), everything is digital.
Marketing:- In very simple words, It is about finding the right message, to share with the right person, at just the right time, through the right channel.
2) Who can do Digital marketing?
Anyone can do digital marketing. Whether you are an individual who is looking to earn online or you wanted to promote your business. All you need to know is what is digital marketing? & how can you do it.
For example if you have an business and you want to expand it online then you can promote your business online by just using a multitude of channels.
3) Why to start Digital marketing?
So as I mentioned at starting that today the world is digital.
For individuals:- Well, it is very clear that you will get more opportunities in the Digital space as compare to the traditional path. For example you can start a YouTube channel or you can do content writing or you could be a affiliate marketer etc etc.
For Businesses:- If you are a business owner or entrepreneur then digital marketing is the best way to promote your business. You can promote your business (products & services) to the customer through many channels.
• Your website
• search engine
• Social media
• Online video
• Paid ads
Now, you can say why to promote online? Because, as you know, today most of the peoples are spending their time on internet so why not to promote online. it’s one the most efficient and cost- effective way. And believe me, by just knowing digital marketing you can grow your business as much as you wish.
4) Types of Digital Marketing
There are mainly 13 types of digital marketing exists.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO):- Search engine optimization is all about impacting how visible your website is in a search engine’s organic results. This is the process of optimizing your website to “rank” higher in search engine results pages, thereby increasing the amount of organic (or free) traffic your website receives. The channels that benefit from SEO include websites, blogs, and infographics.
2. Content Marketing:- It’s simply means the creation and promotion of content assets for the purpose of generating brand awareness, traffic growth, lead generation, and customers.
3. Social Media Marketing:- This practice promotes your brand and your content on social media channels to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, and generate leads for your business.
4. Pay Per Click (PPC):- PPC is a way of driving traffic to your website by paying a publisher every time your ad is clicked. For example Google Ads.
5. Affiliate Marketing:- This is a type of performance-based advertising where you receive commission for promoting someone else’s products or services on your website.
6. Marketing Automation:- Marketing automation refers to the software that serves to automate your basic or you can say repetitive marketing operations.
7. Email Marketing:- Email marketing is a way of communicating with the audiences.
8. Online PR:- Online PR is the practice of securing earned online coverage with digital publications, blogs, and other content-based websites.
9. Inbound Marketing:- Inbound marketing refers to a marketing methodology wherein you attract, engage, and delight customers at every stage of the buyer’s journey. You can use every digital marketing tactic listed above, throughout an inbound marketing strategy, to create a customer experience that works with the customer, not against them.
Similarly there are some more types of digital marketing like
10. Sponsored Content
11. Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
12. Instant Messaging Marketing
13. Native Advertising
5) How to do Digital Marketing?
Now, I hope you read and understand what is digital marketing and the every aspect of digital marketing that is written above of this blog. So if you want to do digital marketing then it would be best to first focus on learning. Because there is quote says
Where you can learn?
• You can learn from YouTube for free. You just have to search “how to digital marketing” on the search bar and you will get millions of results.You just have to choose one and you can start learning.
• You can learn from courses (both free & paid) .
For your convenience, there are written step by step process to start digital marketing in brief below.. You can also follow this to start your journey.
1. Define your goals
2. Identify your target audience.
3. For each digital channels… Make a budget.
4. Create a good balance between paid and free digital strategies.
5. Create engaging content.. That audiences are looking for.
6. Optimize your content for mobile (because the mobile internet users is far more than desktop or laptop).
7. Conduct keyword research
8. Go over based on the analytics you measure.
What is digital marketing?.. Is very vast topic. So, we just covered the topics that a begginers can get an idea about digital marketing. We will further post blogs related to digital marketing. And we will cover the every aspect of digital marketing in deep.
Thank you readers and learners !!
If you think there are some points are missing and for any other type of query you can simply send a email on the given email id. We would love to connect with you.